Private Eye examinations
A regular eye examination is an essential part of your overall eye health and can detect problems and changes in your vision. Unfortunately, some eye conditions can lead to a loss of vision or even permanent blindness. Done regularly, an eye examination can help to prevent the onset of eye diseases and prevent deterioration in your sight.
An eye examination takes just 30 minutes, in which time our optometrists will thoroughly check your vision and the health of your eyes. An eye examination is not uncomfortable, and your optometrist will use a range of different methods and equipment to check your eyes.
If you are still unsure of whether or not you need an eye test, here are some good reasons why you should have one:
1. Conditions and diseases that can lead to blindness and loss of vision can be detected
2. Your eyes are your most precious asset and can never be replaced. Once your vision is lost, you might never get it back
3. Early detection of problems with your eyes means a greater chance of treatment and full recovery
4. Unlike other parts of your body which cause pain when something is wrong, your eyes don’t usually exhibit tell-tale signs of any problems
5. An eye examination can reveal underlying health problems such diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels
6. Changes in your vision can quickly and easily be identified and your vision can be easily corrected using glasses or contact lenses
7. Correcting your vision can prevent your eyesight from becoming weaker, since uncorrected eyes have additional strain on them
8. Poor vision impacts directly in every aspect of your life and prevents you living life to the fullest – good vision enhances the quality of your life
9. Poor vision in children is usually the cause of poor performance in the classroom, so therefore healthy eyesight is essential for learning
10. Older people will improve their quality of life as they don’t need to accept poor vision as a part of growing old
11. Poor vision is dangerous, especially if you drive or operate machinery. Make sure you stay within the law at all times with a regular eye examination