Always call before you visit
Please telephone to make an appointment for any reason, if you arrive without prior booking, we may not be able to see you. We will also have to ask you a few questions about your visit.
• Online / telephone consultations
We may invite you to a longer telephone or an online video consultation before your appointment to enable us to clearly determine your needs and reduce the amount of time that you have to spend in the practice.
• Our door maybe closed when you arrive
We may have to lock the door occasionally to control the number of people in the practice at any one time.
When you arrive we will ask you to…
• Use the hand sanitiser as you enter our practice
• Answer a few general health questions
To confirm you have not been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Come on your own
We have to keep the number of people in the building to an absolute minimum.
• Come to us before you do any shopping
Lots of bags will make our work to keep the practice clean and safe a lot harder.
• Wear a mask for the duration of your visit
If you don’t have one of your own, we will be happy to provide on
• Maintain a safe separation from everyone wherever possible
We will limit the number of people in the practice to ensure that you are never crowded. Whenever possible please remember to maintain a 2-metre separation from everyone as you move from one space to another.
• Pay with a card.
In the Consulting Room
Please wash / sanitise your hands again on entering the consulting room.
As part of your examination we will have to be quite close for short periods of time, and we will minimise the risks I inherent in this by keeping periods of closer contact to absolute minimum.
We will be using new technology to examine the inside of your eyes in minute detail, so we won’t have to get as close to you as we used to.
When choosing frame
• We will invite you to wash your hands before trying on frames.
• Ask us to pass you the frames that you would like to try.
• Once you have tried a frame pass it back to us rather than put it back on the display.
• Each frame will be sanitised after it has been tried on before going back on display.
• Please remember to maintain a safe separation when browsing.
From 17/6/2020 we are now able to see routine NHS eye examinations too, are doors are now open but maybe closed inorder to control the numbers in the store .
Update from June 15th we are now able to do routine private eye examinations and antisipate the resumption of Nhs eye examinations to follow shortly . We will still be operating a closed door policy . All appoitments need to be booked in advanced we will not be accepting walk-ins at this moment in time . All people entering the practice are required to wear a face mask we will provide one if you can't bring your own